As I am sure you all know by now, all aerobatics is permitted.
Just recently, we were given additional permissions by the CAA to hold events (training days, training camps and competitions) - see CAA General Notice below this paragraph. This permission was granted based on the creation & implementation a Standard Operating Procedure that will be used at any of our events and when followed mitigate the risks associated with Covid 19. Our SOP may be found on our web- site - click on the Briefing Room tab. Details of these provisions may be found in the following CAA General Notice:
In practical terms, this is what this permission allows:
1. Allows a group of pilots to congregate at an airfield with an approved aerobatic box for the purposes of aerobatic flight i.e. training day, competition or camp.
2. Allows a group of pilots to congregate at an airfield with an approved aerobatic box for the purposes of an inter- provincial competition
Our members need to conform to the dictates of the SOP (found on our web- site – Briefing Room). It may seem rather complicated but in a nutshell the following must occur –
1. Ensure your Aeroclub and SAC membership is up to date.
2. Pre- Register on the day of the event.
3. Appoint a Covid Compliance officer for the event (C/O Appointment letter and Covid Screening Register available on the web- site – Briefing Room). The Compliance officer will screen all persons – this info is sent to our Registrar.
4. At the event, adhere to Covid infection avoidance protocols (contained in the SOP).
It is important that we conduct ourselves in a professional manner at these events ensuring that we adhere to the procedures put in place. One picture posted on social media of any one of our members breaking these rules may put this privilege in jeopardy. If there are any questions or you need help, feel free to contact me.